#ramsingmarriage Collaborations Fashion

Stitch Fix – Rehearsal Dress

When it came to picking out a dress to wear to the #ramsingmarriage rehearsal Stitch Fix was the first place I went. This post serves as both a bit of fashionista and me getting to share our rehearsal…somehow it still feels like a dream.

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

I scheduled a fix to arrive in late May which would leave me plenty of time to find a dress if it didn’t work out. Stitch Fix showed up and right when I opened the box I knew it was perfect. My entire box was dresses which was exactly what I had requested. My stylist even saw this pin on my [fashion] Pinterest board and wrote me a special note congratulating me on my marriage. The small-town Iowa girl in me is hooked on their level of detail.

Why was Stitch Fix the first place I went to find a dress for the rehearsal?

+ I loved the chevron dress that I received in my fourth fix and know that Stitch Fix consistently has amazing garment quality.
+ I wanted a dress that I wouldn’t just find in any store.
+ The stylists do an amazing job of picking dresses that fit my style.
+ I love getting things in the mail.
+ Online shopping is actually more fun to me than shopping in the store.
+ Bonus, I also had referral credit to use towards a future fix.

What is Stitch Fix?

Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to personalize shopping for you, to your doorstep. Fill out a Stitch Fix Style Profile and their personal stylists pick out five items for you based on your profile, Pinterest board, and notes to the stylist.

Why I love it?

+ The surprise of what the personal stylists have put in the box.
+ It’s convenient and effortless, pick out the date you want it to arrive and you can try everything on in the comfort of your home.
+ It’s a personalized shopping experience.
+ You can schedule a fix as often as you’d like. No monthly commitment if it doesn’t fit into your budget for that time frame.
+ Referral credit. For each person who signs up you get $25 to use towards a future fix (oh, you want to sign up? Yes…this is a shameless plug to click my referral link).

Shameless photo roll:

Note how Peter grabbed one of his trusty bow ties to match my dress. Golly I love that guy!

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

An amazing dress to fit the perfect occasion for our wedding rehearsal.

Do you have a favorite thing you’ve gotten from Stitch Fix? Have you had experience with other services like them? Should I have Peter try Trunk Club? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

Brittany
    August 21, 2014 at 7:24 am

You’ve convinced me. I had never heard of Stitch Fix before your post, but it sounds like exactly what I’ve been wishing to find for a long time. You should have another referral credit soon – my first “fix” is on the way!

allisonramsing
      August 21, 2014 at 8:11 am

Oh you’re going to love it! Make sure to curate your Pinterest boards towards things you’d actually wear to help your stylists! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Holly Domke
    August 21, 2014 at 11:41 am

My fiance just tried Trunk Club for the first time, and had a good experience! I have done Stitch Fix and loved it (found it through one of your God Fashioned Life posts about it) so I encouraged him to try Trunk Club as it seems to be the male equivalent. The boxes are MUCH fuller (13 total items, ranging from $65-$210). They do a “personal styling” phone call, and the stylist did an awesome job hitting most of the pieces he was looking to add to his closet. We ended up picking out 5 things for him to keep. Worth a shot for sure!

allisonramsing
      August 21, 2014 at 11:48 am

Glad to hear that you loved your Stitch Fix experience! This information on Trunk Club is so helpful, I’m thinking Peter’s going to need to try it soon! Thank you for convincing me that Trunk Club is a good thing to try! Any other Trunk Club tips that we should know?

Peter Ramsing
      August 22, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I’ve definitely been thinking about doing Trunk Club. I may have to give it a try and now that you’ve convinced @allisonramsing:disqus that I should do it we might be doing it sooner than later. I’m sure it will make it on the blog if we do. *chuckle* Thanks for sharing!

Haley Bohon
    August 22, 2014 at 11:08 am

Um, NO WAY. My rehearsal dress was a Stitch Fix find too!!!

allisonramsing
      August 22, 2014 at 11:12 am

That’s so awesome, Haley! What did yours look like?

Haley Bohon
        August 22, 2014 at 11:16 am

Royal blue chiffon – basically, the color of my bridesmaid’s dresses. I loved it! It’s the dress in my little disqus picture, and in this post – http://www.thebluedishes.com/2014/07/stitch-fix-eight.html.

Love the polka dots on you, though! I think it’s so fun to wear a non-white dress for the rehearsal 🙂

allisonramsing
          August 22, 2014 at 11:21 am

No way! They totally sent me that dress in the fix before this one. I loved it, but already own a similar dress. You look amazing in it! I’m glad you also wore a non-white dress to rehearsal! Love your blog too! I can’t get the comments to work though to tell you on there though…

• Haley Bohon
            August 22, 2014 at 11:28 am

Shoot! I’ve been making some edits this week and I had a hunch that something wasn’t working. Thanks for letting me know! At least I have the weekend to get it fixed 🙂 Crazy that we got the same dress though! And thanks for the sweet words!

• allisonramsing
            August 22, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Happy to help! I look forward to following your blog! And you’re so very welcome, thank you for the kind words too!

Leelee
    August 26, 2014 at 6:56 am

I absolutely love polka dot dresses. However, the one and only time I tried Stitch Fix, I was greatly disappointed with what I was sent. I would rather shop myself.

allisonramsing
      August 26, 2014 at 8:26 am

Leelee. My first experience was great, my second was dismal and they refunded my fix fee and styled me again. I have found that they get better in time as you curate your Pinterest boards, but I totally understand your love of shopping yourself! Have a great day!

Stitch Fix Review by Allison: The small-town Iowa girl in me is hooked on their level of detail | Stitch Fix Reviews
    August 27, 2014 at 2:01 am

[…] See the full post from Allison Ramsing […]

Jenna
    August 27, 2014 at 5:27 pm

You look so great in that dress! Good job, Stitch Fix!

Gregory Smith
    October 26, 2014 at 3:41 am

I love your blog

I have read this article and enjoyed it

Stitch Fix #6 = Best Fit Yet! | Allison Ramsing
    January 7, 2015 at 10:57 am

[…] this one the fix that has had the best fit yet. Wondering what all the hype is about? See the Stitch Fix – Rehearsal Dress post where I explain it all. Today I’ll share why Stitch Fix #6 is my favorite one […]