I’ve been dreaming of the day I’d visit Disneyland for years. When I moved to the West Coast I knew I was one step closer to making my first visit a reality. Peter had already had his first visit when he was a wee, little one. About five months ago we booked our trip and decided to finally make the dream a reality.
In 2009 I did the Disney College Program at Walt Disney World. After working in the Magic Kingdom in the Emporium I couldn’t wait to see Walt Disney’s original Disney Park masterpiece, Disneyland.
Thankfully, Californians all flee the parks on a rainy day so we enjoyed the park with little to no wait to get on every single ride. When we entered the park we stopped for a couple key photos at the entrance and at the castle and then made our way over to Hyperspace Mountain. We were able to ride Hyperspace Mountain twice in less than 20 minutes! We embraced our inner child and continued through the park with glee riding ride after ride.
The glee continued throughout the day. Around mid-afternoon, we finally strolled through Disneyland’s Emporium. I was immediately taken back to 2009 as the two Emporium stores even smell the same. Oh, what a magical day exploring!
Disneyland Fashion Tips
- Skip the ponchos and wear a raincoat. Your pictures will look a whole lot cuter and you’ll feel a whole lot less dorky.
- Comfortable shoes are a must, we walked nearly 10 miles the day we went to the park.
- Wear the Mickey ears! (They were in my bag for part of the day with the rain)
- A small crossbody bag/purse is highly recommended as it’s a lot easier to use than a larger purse/tote in the parks.
- Wear an outfit you like and are comfortable in.
Enjoy a peek into our trip and have a magical day!