Location: Burlingame, California
Run Like a Diva 5K
One of my favorite things to do while traveling is to go on a run. Often times I don’t make it happen, but on my most recent trip to California, Kelsey and I conquered the Run Like a Diva 5K. I met Kelsey in one of our many Apparel Merchandising, Design, and Production classes at Iowa State University. It was great to catch up with her and show Peter some of my favorite places in the city.
San Francisco Run Like a Diva 5K Fashion Tips:
- Get into the spirit of the race and wear the tutu!
- As we ran we boldly rocked stylish pink tutus, given to us at the Run Like a Diva 5K packet pickup. We both found them to be itchy and I was grateful I’d chosen to wear my favorite 5K race Lululemon crops to at least ward off the itchiness on my legs.
- Wear a lightweight long sleeve top.
- The San Francisco Bay breeze makes long sleeves essential. The weather for this race was drastically different than my last 5K and I was grateful I had worn a lightweight Nike long sleeve top. Mid-way through the race I did push my sleeves up, but after I finished I was glad I had chosen the long sleeves.
- Don’t test out new running gear on race day.
- I wore gear that I’ve ran in multiple times, my trusty Nike Pegasus 32 running shoes, Nike Golf lightweight long sleeve top, and Lululemon crops.
- Once you’re given your medal and crown, wear it proudly, as you just finished a 5K!
The second photo in this post (the one above) was taken at packet pick up.
Celebrating in style with ginger ale!