Best of 2017
Twenty-seventeen…here’s a quick recap with bullets.
- Changed Churches
- Went to Disney
- Surprised Peter at a conference down in Corvallis where he was doing sound
- Had Jury Duty…conquered Portland
- Tried Pure Barre…and returned to barre3
- Started having weekly budget meetings with Peter (being a fashionista must be done responsibly)
- Fulfilled a professional goal/dream of becoming a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach
- Started volunteering in Sunday School at church
- Began weekly dinners with a good friend
- Had someone rear-end me…was off work for over a month
- Sewed a dress
- Had an awesome time at a few weddings
- Adventured to beautiful Colorado
- Ate out for Thanksgiving and swore to never cook a turkey again
- Went on a fantastic vacation to Scottsdale with Peter
- Had endometriosis surgery (again)
- Wrote a blog post about 2017 (see below for my 10 favorite outfits that I blogged about in 2017)
Woah…next time I complain about life being boring please link me back to this post…we had way too much fun this year! The long-form of what I learned this year was the importance of rest, letting my husband lead, listening to podcasts, and loving on friends and letting them love me.
2017 has also broken me. I lived well over half of the year in chronic pain from endometriosis that put a huge strain on my marriage with Peter and really affected everything in our lives from work to romance. It forced us to love how Christ loves and to really set aside what Instagram shows marriage to look like and really realize the full potential of sacrificial love.
Here is to 2018 and to put into practice all the great lessons learned in 2017. Both Peter and I wish you the most wonderful of New Years and to a fulfilling time with loved ones this holiday season.